Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm playing with my AutoCal and I'm curious if anyone knows where I can find Dashboard layouts?

I haven't been able to figure out yet how to customize my gauges and frankly I'm pretty sure someone has already created something that fits what I want.

Thanks,

:drink

·
Registered
387 Posts
This may not be much help but i have searched it before and found that there is a duramax dashboard template it showed how to open it up in version 7.5 but i had 8.2 or whatever the most recent is and they were different so i never figure out how to open it. Hell I'm having trouble trying to figure all this stuff out i wanna hook my laptop up in my truck so i can check injector rates lol

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I found that one after I posted. The issue is I cannot get it to display Boost pressure?

I also cannot get the pass through to work... sure hope I didn't miss something and that requires a license or something.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Im not sure on that one i tried it and couldn't figure out how to get it in pass through mode either maybe someone who has some experience with help us out lol

·
Registered
568 Posts
Iv always used v7.5 to hook to a vehicle iv never got 8 to work thought it was maybe still being worked on 7.5 lets you hook up and do cutout tests also and a good bit of other things also has all you need to monitor

·
Registered
387 Posts
I never installed 7.5 because I just assumed 8 was better because it was a new version but ill try to go back and install 7.5 and see if I can get it to work

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got 7.5 installed - I'm just trying to get an answer on how to add the PID to view boost - I have almost everything else working but cannot locate whatever allows me to view Boost.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ill install v7.5 tonight when I get home if I can manage to get the duramax template then ill see if I can figure out how to read boost and let you know if I figure it out.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Go to the all pids list then check the supported box boost should be in there then click on it and it will highlight the guage thing then you go to the data screen and it should be there

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems it is Turbocharger Desired Boost Pressure - looks like it read, but I only stepped outside briefly to black box... I'll have to try real timing it after work. It appeared to read, but if it's correct (seems like it's acting funny) I managed 19PSI at 1000 RPM just holding the throttle there in park.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Desired would mean that's what its asking for and it may have atmospheric pressure added in there too there should be a actual boost pressure too then mine also had absolute boost which was the boost with atmospheric pressure already taken out of it. The actual boost pressure as its called should be under the calculated tab

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's how I figured, but that was part of the PID's Kory sent me earlier before I tried it.... So idk.... That is hands down the most confusing aspect of EFILive for me.... There isn't just.... Boost....

·
Registered
387 Posts
alright guys sorry to bring this back up but ive finally got time to mess with my EFI now i downloaded 7.5 and i found the dashboard not sure which one to use the regular duramax or the LBZ not sure the difference besides injector timing. But my main problem is i cant get it to read anything do you have to plug the laptop to the truck or plug the autocal u then plug the laptop to it? i tried both and hit the connect to vehicle button and i tried through the autocal and for a LLY duramax and neither one would read i would get an error message saying cable not connected. what am i doing wrong? lol

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dashboards are setup for their respective ECU's - so you plug the AutoCal into the OBDII port and then plug your laptop into the AutoCal, when you go to connect make sure you either choose the correct ECU type or let it Detect it so it will communicate correctly.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I plugged it up the first time to the autocal and when I hit connect it said no interface cable found now when you hit connect and it brings up the drop box for the control do you leave it at autocal or select your model ECM? And do you have to go on the autocal and go to a pass through setting or just leave it on the main menu? Thanks for the help man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.