Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly does and Egr blocker and a finger stick do? I understand what they do but will i see performance or mileage? If so, how much?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I don't think you will see much increase in mileage, but you won't get any codes from taking off your cat.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I would install the plate and stick. It wont help performance or milage any noticeable amount but it will keep the intake side of the engine cleaner, it will keep the exhaust heat out of the coolant system and intake. and by unpluging the egr you will live with a check engine light and when the light is on the engine dose defuel a bit!!! Also depending what version of predator your running ver 2.02 raises boost whick can but not always push a egr open when it shouldent be!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Only a california emissions truck will have a CEL. And I have never been able to duplicate rumors of EGR cracking open under added boost. Using EFI, the egr valve position sensor can be monitored.

I have a blocker plate, and feel it was a waste of effort.

Since tampering with the EGR system is a federal crime, with heavy fines, that should also weigh into the decision. :)

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I know not all trucks will set a CEL but both of my FED trucks will set a light!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Only a california emissions truck will have a CEL. And I have never been able to duplicate rumors of EGR cracking open under added boost. Using EFI, the egr valve position sensor can be monitored.

I have a blocker plate, and feel it was a waste of effort.

Since tampering with the EGR system is a federal crime, with heavy fines, that should also weigh into the decision. :)
Isn't unplugging the erg considered as tampering...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts