Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haven't really heard anyone talking about it on an lb7. but alligator performace makes the plate for it, so my question is should i do it. I can make the plate myself at my school, because im going to be a machinest so it wouldn't cost me anything. but will it help anything on my truck?

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Well from what I`ve experenced with gas engines it helps as it keeps from recurculating the exhaust back through the engine and mucking it up. I`m sure it is the same with our dmaxs

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Your truck shouldnt even have an EGR, unless its a California truck and I think only in 04 did an LB7 have the emissions equipment, if it was a California emissions truck that is.

·
I Sell Fireworks!
361 Posts
Your truck shouldnt even have an EGR, unless its a California truck and I think only in 04 did an LB7 have the emissions equipment, if it was a California emissions truck that is.
False, I had an 03 with Cali Emmissions.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,826 Posts
From what I've seen, if your truck has egr, block it. The biggest question here is whether your truck is egr equipped or not, which I doubt, but it is possible. California LB7s did have egr, but not the other LB7s

·
Registered
684 Posts
After all this time it's hard to believe the dis-information that exists concerning the EGR on the LB7. EGR first came onto the scene with the LB7 with the MY 2002 CA emissions. There were others that adopted the CA emissions which were NF4 (federal clean fuel vehicle fleet emissions), NE1 Northeast emissions including MA, ME, NY, and/or VT and VCL which is clean fuel vehicle fleet emissions.
I have friends with non CA LB7 trucks in Florida and New York with the EGR and Cat so even though the LB7 may have an EGR and a CAT does NOT mean that it is a CA truck.

You can block it off but you will get a CEL unless you use something like EFI live to alter the EGR function. There is no finger stix that will fool the ECM. This by experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts