Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To do an EGR block off, its just a plate, correct? I've read something about it throwing a code? WTF is this fingerstick business?

·
Registered
808 Posts
some trucks will throw an egr code right off the bat after blocking the egr. some won't, for example my truck didn't throw it right off the bat when i first did it and had a canned tuner. now that i have efi the egr is just turned off and the code deleted

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
You wire the fingerstick in to your wiring harness so the ecm does not notice the lack of air flow from blocking the egr. It's a fairly straightforward install, doesn't take very long at all.

here's the install instructions for the fingerstick to give you an even better idea of what is entailed..

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/Finger Stick Install.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
If yours has the FE9 code on the sticker in the glove box, it is not supposed to throw a code I have been told.

·
Registered
808 Posts
mine used to only throw a code under heavy acceleration but my old edge used to keep it from throwing the SEL

·
Hot Rod Photographer
154 Posts
Just got my plate today for my LBZ. Is there any thing I need to take apart and clean before doing this? Or should I just slide the plate in and call it good? I was curious if I need to take all the intake tubes apart and clean them down and out before sliding it in. Also I need to do the PVC reroute right? Otherwise I will build up too much pressure? Or no? Is there any power gains from the EGR being blocked?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
i've never heard of having to do the pcv reroute at the same time... however it is extremely convenient to do it at the same time since you'll be in the same area with stuff out of the way..

and nah, just throw that ish in there!

·
Hot Rod Photographer
154 Posts
OK then.. Do you have a small filter at the end of your pcv hose? Also any power gains from the EGR?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
nope, just dumped my hoses on the frame rail. Never had any issues. And no its nothing noticeable, just one of those longevity mods in my book.

·
Hot Rod Photographer
154 Posts
Sweet. Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope, just dumped my hoses on the frame rail. Never had any issues. And no its nothing noticeable, just one of those longevity mods in my book.
What hoses? I'm not afraid, or unable to do the work, just would like to know what all I need to do.

So, I buy the plate, and put it in place. I have FE9 on my glove box, so I shouldnt need this "fingerstick", right? I have to re-route hoses. What eles?

Sounds like Therealjakeg has the same concerns as me.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
so whats the difference if you have the FE9 sticker?

·
Registered
83 Posts
What does the EGR delete plate do? Im new in the diesel world. Just trying to learn some stuff.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
it blocks the egr so it wont recirculate into the intake

·
Registered
83 Posts
Cool. thanks

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
is it bad to run a blocker plate that is throwing an egr code without a fingerstick?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts