Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EGR Block vs EGR delete

EGR block vs. EGR delete!??
What are some pros and cons about the 2.
Where can someone purchase an EGR delete kit?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
22,405 Posts
a pro to both is a cleaner running engine!

there are some vendors on here that sell deletes and almost every vendor sells the plate. i purchased mine from meyer performance

if you do a full delete there have been increase in h.p. numbers seen

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some people say just do the egr block because its easier. Just want to know if the delete is worth it or not really.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So would a delete be easier? I havent really looked into doing either as far as under the hood goes. I've read some posts on here of people having a really easy time or an extremely difficult time putting the plate in. But there isn't much on doing a full delete.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Well, both are worth it!! I have the blocker plate but will be doing a delete soon. I think the only pro to it is being able to free up some space under the hood, maybe a couple pounds of weight and I have heard there is cooler air flow but I dont know about that one. Either way you need to do one or the other!

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where can someone find a good quality egr delete kit?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
if you do a full delete there have been increase in h.p. numbers seen
Are you sure you aren't spreading unsubstantiated hype?

There is no reason for power to improve, if the main intake remains unchanged. Does the intake tract otherwise remain unchanged?

IMO, an EGR delete is the second biggest wasted effort, next to a KN intake installation.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so killerbee in your opinion a egr delete is not worth it but the block plate is?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Killerbee just made my decision

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
That's my opinion, yes. If someone can point out the additional benefit (to anything) in deleting federally mandated emissions equipment, I'm all ears.
why are you putting an emphasis on deleting federally mandated emissions equipment yet supporting blocking it??? If deleting it is such a big deal, why wouldnt blocking it be??:confused:

·
Registered
22,405 Posts
Are you sure you aren't spreading unsubstantiated hype?

There is no reason for power to improve, if the main intake remains unchanged. Does the intake tract otherwise remain unchanged?

IMO, an EGR delete is the second biggest wasted effort, next to a KN intake installation.
i am just stating what i have heard and read!

·
Registered
22,405 Posts
why are you putting an emphasis on deleting federally mandated emissions equipment yet supporting blocking it??? If deleting it is such a big deal, why wouldnt blocking it be??:confused:
well put

i think we all agree on having a cleaner burning engine though! lol

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts

·
2500HD Club Member
1,500 Posts
That's my opinion, yes. If someone can point out the additional benefit (to anything) in deleting federally mandated emissions equipment, I'm all ears.

IN deleting or blocking the emissions you have less crap going through your intake etc. there for having a cleaner burning engine and not having your egr cooler get plugged up with gunk. IMO federal emissions are a bunch crap

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
IN deleting or blocking the emissions you have less crap going through your intake etc. there for having a cleaner burning engine and not having your egr cooler get plugged up with gunk. IMO federal emissions are a bunch crap
My name is MRCapps and I approve of this message! Heyyaa

·
2500HD Club Member
1,500 Posts
:thumbsup Pretty simple concept just look at the pictures of the intakes, manifolds and egr coolers that are all clogged up. Then ask yourself do i want this to happen to me??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts