Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

EGR blocker and PCV reroute installed.

8K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  PowerlabsTim 
#1 ·
I just installed the blocker plate and the reroute. Thanks for the all DIY info.

#4 ·
Can I do the blocker without the pcv

#5 ·
yes. but from all the post I have read that it is recommended to do the reroute as to keep oil out of the turbo. When I pulled the stock pcv off their was oil by the turbo fitting.

#6 ·
hmmmmm not so sure that's the reason. The real issue is the PCV routes the oil vapor from your crankcase into your intake. Therefore it passes through your intercooler and can clog that up real quickly. Basically dragging down your performance. Hence why I really want to do mine soon, it's just bugging the f**k out of me.

#7 ·
Ok sweet so it's like a crank case breather recirculated but then just vented out instead.. Thanks.

#9 ·
2 questions..

I have been told to do both of these..so Im just wondering what is the difference in EGR delete and EGR block?
Also I havent done any research on the PCV..so what is it gonna cost and is there any different ways to do it..and what does it do..same as the EGR basically?

#10 ·
An EGR block is inserting a blocker plate into the EGR pipe so that it literally blocks gasses from moving through. An EGR delete is when you remove the entire EGR assembly. The Blocker plate is easier and faster(still takes a while doing it your first time) but the EGR delete is the way to go IMO

The PCV can cost 100 bucks if you buy a kit or it can cost 50 bucks if you piece it together yourself at home depot.

I explained the function of the PCV earlier in this thread

#11 ·
Yeah I know what its purpose is..but where does it reroute it to? I think Im just gonna buy the blocker plate and finger stick from kennedy diesel..and the pcv kit..i can't afford the delete kit..$50 vs $400..wow.

#12 ·
You just run the hose down to the frame and let it breathe into the air. Just make sure you don't have it pointing towards the bottom of the truck or you could get a nice coating underneath:drink

#13 ·
pcv reroute done today. too easy. thank you forum and home depot. if you block the egr is it necessary to get the fingerstick? i have an edge evo so i wont be getting tunes right away. just trying to see my options. as in is it guarenteed to throw a code?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.