Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard about the blocker plates and understand the concept of not recirculating exhaust gas back into the intake. Is there any other benefit? Is it easy to install? Do I need a code blocker or will my Diablo Predator eliminate the code?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think this mod is one of a big waste of money and energy. I have done it, and now wonder why. There is no benefit to any operation detail of the truck. None.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does the blocker lower your egt?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it is a big waste of money...I only paid $13.50 for the plate and haven't installed it yet to see if I need a fingerstick. The reason for me to install it is to keep the soot out of the intake. The EGR function is to recirculate unburned gases back through the intake to reburn it and its function is purely for emissions.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Does the blocker lower your egt?

no. The egr valve is closed during high power settings.

I do not dispute the intake soot. And it it gets caked up enough, it can cause quite a restriction where the egr feeds the intake. The oil fed into the intake tract is not helping matters.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I took one of the intake tubes off my truck at about 12,000 miles and it was caked with soot.... I'd be awfull curiuous to see what the same intake tube woul look like a 100,000 then 200,000...
are you refering to the cast intake tube where the boost tube connects?

How thick would you say it was? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts