·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do you want to do this? Ive read the posts, but im confused :help

·
Registered
506 Posts
It keeps the black soot from building up in your intake...i cant remember the link but someone will post it there was a pic of what it looks like if you dont block it!!!! Also if you havent already done it you should change you turbo mouthpiece>>>lbz or the afe replacement

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
EGR blocker is a must along with PCV reroute

·
Registered
250 Posts
^^^^ X5
I have also found if you don't put a EGR blocker on your truck it can block your boost line and your gauge wont work.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
i got one for sale

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much is the one you have for sale? Also where can you buy a new one? And the pvc re-route?

·
Registered
102 Posts
ok i got the blocker plate and im going to put it on in a few min. when the engine cools off. But i have been wondering.. Where does all the exhaust go that is being blocked off? just back into the exhaust or what? and all i have to do is slip the plate in right?

·
Registered
102 Posts
12mm flex head gear wrench is your best friend here

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dont you have to fool the computer also? I have my truck apart right now and want to block this, but dont want any error codes or it running funny.

·
Registered
102 Posts
no i was waiting for codes to pop up so i could block them with my downloader but my truck doesn't realize i have blocked it off

·
Registered
114 Posts
No cons that I know of. There is a possibility of codes showing up. They say that some trucks are different than others. I put one on my truck and to this day I have no codes. Have driven about 500-600 miles since the installation. I did notice that my truck smokes a good bit less. I don't know if it is just me or that the egr blocker plate keeps it cleaner.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Please clarify for me. On a LMM, if I install an EGR block plate, I won't have codes. However if I install a downpipe that gets rid of the egr and heater, I will have thrown codes.

So if you put in the block plate, do you leave the egr connected and it acts more or less like a politician - sits there, but essentially does nothing? Or am I missing something?

From here the block plate seems like a great short term fix until funds allow for the better flowing pipe replacement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts