Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i noticed that my 05 3500 service truck has been using a lot of coolant and was smoking pretty bad at the other day. i just pulled of the intake and the EGR is full of coolant. trying to decide if i should get a delete kit or a new cooler, is there any real benefit in a delete kit other than not having to do this again?

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
In my opion there isn't much benefit to a delete kit IF you have a egr block plate. The plate will keep nasty exhaust from choking out the intake. However, if you need a new Egr cooler I vote to just delete it. I've been running a block plate for a few years with no trouble, I recently discovered my head gaskets need replacing so I ordered the delete kit because it will clean up under the hood a little bit.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
so i noticed that my 05 3500 service truck has been using a lot of coolant and was smoking pretty bad at the other day. i just pulled of the intake and the EGR is full of coolant. trying to decide if i should get a delete kit or a new cooler, is there any real benefit in a delete kit other than not having to do this again?
Deleted trucks don't feed diesel exhaust into the intake system, that's usually enough of a reason for most people

1 - 3 of 3 Posts