Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Blocking it would work just as well... and its 10 bucks. Basically it just keeps soot out of the intake.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
The full delete is nowhere near the same thing. The full delete has shown gains upward of 40 rwhp depending on tuning. If you have the loot for one its definitely worth it. I recommend ProFab or SDP.

·
Registered
859 Posts
^^^^why does everybody think blocking it is the same? Open your hood and just look at the EGR. Than look at a delete pipe. nuf said

·
Registered
337 Posts
Im aware that its not the same thing. but to do it right you would need a new intake and passenger side up pipe. And it does serve the same general purpose to keep the intake clean, I know first hand what an unblocked EGR does to the intake. I have pictures of the gunk that was caked up inside my pipes, its gross.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Like said before there are charts that show 30-40rwhp with the full deletes. SPD is having a sale for.an EGR delete and batmowheel combo. Mine will be get ordered Monday :drink

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
screaming diesel performance. Out of port angelas WA
holy S**t, i grew up in Port angeles, and i havent heard of them.

Didnt even think that town would have a decent diesel performance shop

Ill have to see if my brother who still lives there knows about them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just installed my SDP EGR Delete pipe last night... That was fairly easy, but I also installed the LB7 passenger up pipe to delete the riser that went to the cooler. this was a pain! I had to pull the tranny dipstick to have enough room to pull the exhaust out to have room to get to the up pipe, once I got it done, I am sure next time it would be a LOT easier. bolts for the uppipe are tight!!! easiest way is thru the fender well for ALL of them... I wish I knew this yesterday!

30-40 rwhp? really? awesome. I guess it was worth it... It would have been so much easier to cap off the riser instead of taking it out. but I am sure I get better flow without the riser. alas, it is done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts