Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Between a EGR and a DPF delete, on a budget which one should be done first ?

2008 gmc sierra 2500hd LMM 4X4 Z71

Premium Member
Delete, what are you even talking about? That stuff has been banned and is illegal!

"THEEPASUCKS"

Registered
Between a EGR and a DPF delete, on a budget which one should be done first ?

2008 gmc sierra 2500hd LMM 4X4 Z71
If you have someone who can do the tuning, have them turn off EGR actions in the tune (you won't have to do even as much as unplugging the EGR), buy your delete pipe for the DPF delete, and install it. Done. Cheapest, easiest, quickest, and most problem free way of accomplishing what you've asked for

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
If you have someone who can do the tuning, have them turn off EGR actions in the tune (you won't have to do even as much as unplugging the EGR), buy your delete pipe for the DPF delete, and install it. Done. Cheapest, easiest, quickest, and most problem free way of accomplishing what you've asked for
Perfect thank you ! Exactly the answer i was looking for. Can someone close this thread if possible thank you !

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
sorry actually one more thing, when deleting, i want a MBRP or FLO-PRO (preferably MBRP) down pipe back for my 2008 LMM, but i can not seem to find a kit for it. where would i look ?

Registered
sorry actually one more thing, when deleting, i want a MBRP or FLO-PRO (preferably MBRP) down pipe back for my 2008 LMM, but i can not seem to find a kit for it. where would i look ?
Look on the internet. Lol. Its real easy to do.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Registered
I doubt you鈥檒l find a downpipe back exhaust for pretty much any vehicle these days.
What you could do is buy a catback straight back exhaust for something like a 2005 Dmax catback.
That鈥檚 what I did in 2008 mid-pipe for a delete pipe with a few extra pieces.

Then look for a frontpipe to bolt up to the stock frontpipe with cat, if they are even available anymore, I have 2 Diamond Eye Quiet tone frontpipes with 4 bolt flange one with aftermarket 4鈥 cat.
I put my stock cat back on because of the stinky exhaust.

Attachments

Registered
All the parts and tuning is still readily available. Just need to look for it. A certain auction site will be your friend for the exhaust and the land of maple leafs will help in the tuning department.

Basically just search around and you'll find what you need with ease.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
All the parts and tuning is still readily available. Just need to look for it. A certain auction site will be your friend for the exhaust and the land of maple leafs will help in the tuning department.

Basically just search around and you'll find what you need with ease.
Alright thank you !

Registered
Not to jack the thread, but I bought my LMM at a auto auction wrecked. The dpf has been removed. Since the truck was running before the accident causing it to be totaled. Could one assume that if the dpf was removed then the egr is turned off. Is there a way to tell if it is? I didn't think to check for engine codes before I disassembled the truck.

Registered
Wouldn't make any sense to remove the DPF and purchase custom tuning and not have EGR turned off in the tuning. Do you have any idea who did the tuning?

Registered
No it wouldn't make any sense. I dont know who did any tuning on it the truck came from the Magnolia Texas area.

Registered
Easy way would be to just unplug the egr valve. If it has been shut off, no codes will be set and you wont get a MIL
As I was removing parts off the engine to replace the head gaskets I noticed the egr unplugged. As I removed it sure looks plugged up.

Registered
I doubt you鈥檒l find a downpipe back exhaust for pretty much any vehicle these days.
What you could do is buy a catback straight back exhaust for something like a 2005 Dmax catback.
That鈥檚 what I did in 2008 mid-pipe for a delete pipe with a few extra pieces.

Then look for a frontpipe to bolt up to the stock frontpipe with cat, if they are even available anymore, I have 2 Diamond Eye Quiet tone frontpipes with 4 bolt flange one with aftermarket 4鈥 cat.
I put my stock cat back on because of the stinky exhaust.
I'll second DRC on this. However, even if the stank doesnt bother you... the cat will likely help with the drone (something DRC has mentioned on this forum, and to me, before).

Registered
Leaving the cat on should tone down the drone and help with the diesel exhaust stink.
Adding a FTE resonator/muffler will help tone down the exhaust sound and drone but you鈥檒l still have that raunchy exhaust stink.

Cat and adding the FTE will make for a pleasant sounding exhaust.
Either way and even both will not alter/change the EGT鈥檚 compared to straight exhaust.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts