Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our work trucks is an 05 dmax. A few weeks ago i did a cat and muffler delete and now the CEl is on with a code saying egr insufficient flow or somethin and truck feels like it doesnt have as much power. Should i block the egr?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we're tryin to get better mileage outta the truck also. would the egr block help at all? and another question maybe you can answer for me. i tried tuneing the truck with my quad s2, (says itll work on an 01-05), but when i plugged it in the screen wouldnt even light up? if you could answer this id really appreciate it cuz if it works im sellin the quad to my dad and would like to get dsp5 tunes from you guys for my truck.

btw when i tried programming the 05 i reset the programmer and set my truck to stock first.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
yes either would do just fine, i like the delete because it looks better and clears up alot of space.

does your OBD2 port have power?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the obdII has power cuz our scan tool works on it

·
Registered
16 Posts
sorry, don't mean to just jump in on you guys but i'm new to the light duty diesel world and performance wise..:help i've worked on CAT c12's and C15's for 4 years and decided to jump into this world.. :drink

I've got a bone stock 05 duramax and i was wondering, it doesn't matter if i block or delete the egr? they do the same thing just the delete just looks better? as long as i do the fingerstick with the blocker plate?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
74 Posts
Would doing an egr delete give you more room for the LBZ mp?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes either would do just fine, i like the delete because it looks better and clears up alot of space.

does your OBD2 port have power?
so you were right, the obd2 port didnt have power lol i forgot the scan tool powers itself.. ive got a 70hp tune on the truck now.
still havnt blocked the EGR tho.. atleast one time per tank of fuel i get a CEL for turbo under boost, egr insufficient flow, and egr open position performance. truck runs awesome until the CEL come on and the truck loses all power.. is an egr block gonna fix this problem or is there somethin else goin on?.. when i say truck loses power i mean it really does lol.. it just kinda bogs and wont shift, sucks fuel, and idk just runs like complete s**t. but clear the codes and it runs perfect again.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
so you were right, the obd2 port didnt have power lol i forgot the scan tool powers itself.. ive got a 70hp tune on the truck now.
still havnt blocked the EGR tho.. atleast one time per tank of fuel i get a CEL for turbo under boost, egr insufficient flow, and egr open position performance. truck runs awesome until the CEL come on and the truck loses all power.. is an egr block gonna fix this problem or is there somethin else goin on?.. when i say truck loses power i mean it really does lol.. it just kinda bogs and wont shift, sucks fuel, and idk just runs like complete s**t. but clear the codes and it runs perfect again.

Around 10 minutes and an EGR blocker plate will save you alot of headaches.
Later you can change it to a full delete but I'd do the blocker immediately.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was going to try to do an EGR delete myself. Got a decent fab shop at my disposal. But will a stealth II clear those EGR codes?

·
Registered
148 Posts
More specifically, i was wondering if you need to clear DTC codes or is it a EGR "erase tune" so to speak. Everyone seems to just use the same term "EGR code delete"
I did my EGR delete last night, then this am had to drive to part store to get coolant hose (i had rigged one up last night). On the way home my CEL light came on, and threw P0401, P0404, and P0299 (EGR flow insufficient/circuit range, and turbo underboost)

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
More specifically, i was wondering if you need to clear DTC codes or is it a EGR "erase tune" so to speak. Everyone seems to just use the same term "EGR code delete"
I did my EGR delete last night, then this am had to drive to part store to get coolant hose (i had rigged one up last night). On the way home my CEL light came on, and threw P0401, P0404, and P0299 (EGR flow insufficient/circuit range, and turbo underboost)

Yes, those are typical EGR delete codes and basically you need EFI or a tuner that can block those specific codes.

No idea on your stealth II, call the manufacturer and ask.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes, those are typical EGR delete codes and basically you need EFI or a tuner that can block those specific codes.

No idea on your stealth II, call the manufacturer and ask.
Yeah I have to clear CEL codes everytime i fire up my truck :(
I just emailed Quadzilla, i know they have an update on their stealth 2 for the later model duramax that does EGR delete.

But man deleting that makes the exhaust sound soo much better

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Just get EFI, delete it and be done with it. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts