Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just did a head gaskets in my lly, and while i was in there i did an egr delete and put on a aem brute force hd intake. Now the truck is throwing a mass air flow and turbo underboost code. Is this from the egr not being plugged in? if i put a finger stick on this will it cure it?

Thanks Bruce

·
Registered
399 Posts
yes it should. also clean your MAF with MAF cleaner, dont use brakekleen.
when i did mine, i had to tap into the MAF. so you getting those codes seem relivant to your EGR delete, along with your boost code. i did a little reasearch for you as well, and others had the same problem. EFI, or some canned tuners can disable codes from showing up. but another option is the finger stick. which is what i did when i did my EGR block plate.

also make sure you solder all the taps you make
what is your emission code in your glove box? some trucks have a code where it wont throw the CEL, some will go in LIMP and throw the light. so what i gather is you have the code that is the "emission code"..
yes finger stick it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok sweet thanks. orderd one today. i see your from ct, glad to see another new englander lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the fingerstick doesn't always help with a full egr delete. Some efi tuning would take care of the codes for sure

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
63 Posts
When you do the egr delete can you keep the valve solenoid plugged in? Even if you fingerstick or EFI tune the codes out it might help to keep it plugged in as if the egr valve is there and "working". Just a thought.

Rock on New Englanders!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The EGR valve and motor have to be functional for the finger stick to work. Full delete=tuner to disable codes or back to stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya figured that out after i bought the fingerstick. does anybody know if i can put just the motor in with it disconected from the cooler?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts