Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was back to my old Dealership and while they are no longer a GMC Medium duty dealer, they are still a GM Med duty service center. They have been replacing EGR coolers like crazy. They are plugging really fast in the Med duty trucks.

On another note they are still replacing Injectors on all Duramax's including newer LBZs and LMMs, and mentioned something about a new longer warranty on injectors through a service bulletin, but wouldn't tell me anymore. They just said if I ever had problems to give them a call.

Anyway back to my point/question. They said it would be real easy to remove the entire EGR system, rather than just block it off. Coolant would be easy, just a crossover, but what about plugging the exhaust pipes. I haven't worked there since 2006 and we weren't doing much for warranty on the duramax's then. They didn't have any coolers they could show me.

Does anyone sell the blockoff to remove the whole cooler, valve and everything? Has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone tried it yet, or know of a company that sells removal kits?

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
i dont know whos tried it
but my EGR got replaced when i took it in to get an injector replaced...if it wasnt a dealership i would of just deleted it

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
ther is a thread going rate now that will tell you everything you need to know search egr delete kit and it the thread that says EGR delete kit! Finally!. its good info and ansers your questions.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I searched before I posted here, but it came up with no results, for several attempts. I guess something got screwed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts