Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can yall recommend a brand or style of egr delete i could use on my 2006 gmc duramax. ive had a couple problems with the system and just want to do away with it. i have a new bully dog system on the truck also. any info will be very helpful. thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the valve gumming up. the truck has the cat cut off too. it has 140k on the clock and we just put a bully dog on it probably less than 10k ago. still runs like a champ minus the egr problems.

EDIT: i work at a ford/chevy store. i work on the ford side though and egr problems are a constant on the 6.0 powerstrokes. everyone just does away with them. and a tech on the chevy side, that was a moderator or something here, told me to join this site and get the info on just deleting the egr system and that would fix me up. so here i am lol

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You could always put a block off plate in it. Either way you will have MILs with your Bully Dog, I'd contact RickDLance, or ripmf666 for kits or custom work

But you'd still need to supply an LB7 uppipe or a way to support your existing uppipe after the delete

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could you explain this better for me. in english lol. i can do GM gassers all day but duraslacks aren't my thing. i'm a huge noob

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I would but I'm drunk lol. \Just PM either ripmf666 (he sells kits) or PM RLD. They will be able to answer any questions you might have. RLD is a fabricator that does taht kind of work, and Henry(ripmf666) is the only one I know tahs has a "kit" advertised on his website (creaturesofthenightperformance.com)

Not sure if either of them ar e on this site though, they hang out ond duramaxdiesls.com or dmaxcentral

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Bullydog wont block the egr codes your getting, you need a tuner like edge cts race, pppe, quadzilla stealth 2

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Cool, you could by a egr blocker plate. Its just a sheetmetal that slips in between the egr cooler and the uppipe of the exhaust. It will block the flow and keep you from losing boost.... It will throw a code though, I would really suggest getting that first if you can deal with a check engine light, if not you can either buy a different programmer (that is able to block those codes) or you can get "fingerstick" from Kennedy Diesel wihich splices into the wire harness and blocked the MIL codes

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Right now I do not have the Egr delete kits. The guy that was making the one for the LBZ's for me has not came thru. Rick is working on getting a kit made up but we need a LBZ truck around Kansas to test fit one on to get the angles at the cooler.We only have the LLY Egr delete kits at this time and blocker plates. Other then that you can switch to a LBZ van bridge and swap to a LB7 non federal up pipe and run a LB7 cold side intercooler pipe to also do it but it can cost alittle more doing it that away.

Thanks
Henry

·
Registered
686 Posts
u can get everything u need at kennedy diesel

ur looking for a egr blocker plate and a finger stick to block codes and u will be set.

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
u can get everything u need at kennedy diesel

ur looking for a egr blocker plate and a finger stick to block codes and u will be set.

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/

Alittle more then 10 and 8 bucks but will work fine if that is the way he wants to go.Paste below from Kennedy's site

Item Name: Blocker Pkg for Dmax LBZ 2006-2007Category:Duramax PerformanceSub-Category:Duramax LBZ - Dmax PerformancePrice:$55.00
Includes "Fingers Stick" and Blocker plate for 06 and 07LBZ and LLY Dmax engines only. If you are not sure which engine you have, please back up one page and read my notes. This kit is designed to combat Mass Air Flow and EGR system related trouble codes and limp modes caused by exhaust system or air flow modifications.

"This item is offered for purchase only through the online store. It is considered a "self service" item. Please view the Instructions online as we do not include with your shipment. All of the information that you need should be linked below. -JK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts