Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at purchasing ppe duramax xcelerator. I found one for $300 used. I was wondering if its possible to use it to delete the egr and dpf.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If its a 01-04 LB7 (or at least thats where you've posted) then you won't have either. Some California Emissions LB7s had EGR but should be like the LLY's, no tuner needed to delete or block off).

Only 07.5+ (New Body Style Trucks) had a DPF present. GM never put anything other that a Catalytic Converter in the exhaust stream (other than EGR) on 01-07 Classix Body Style Trucks.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Sorry but to answer your questions the PPE will remove those. I know the PPE standard will. The PPE I had could remove DPF on 07.5+ trucks.

For the EGR it doesn't remove it or delete it from programming it just ignores the codes or something like that. Or thats how it was explained to me.

My EGR is completely deleted on my LLY. Without the PPE it would store codes in the ECM but no CEL. With the PPE it didn't store any codes or CEL but never gives a option to remove or delete EGR in the programming.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
If its a 01-04 LB7 (or at least thats where you've posted) then you won't have either. Some California Emissions LB7s had EGR but should be like the LLY's, no tuner needed to delete or block off).

Only 07.5+ (New Body Style Trucks) had a DPF present. GM never put anything other that a Catalytic Converter in the exhaust stream (other than EGR) on 01-07 Classix Body Style Trucks.
While I can't comment on the LB7 coding with a blocked EGR. I can tell you from experience that Cali and Northeast LLYs will code and limp with EGR blockage. I always thought LLYs and LBZs would all limp with an EGR block and no tuning based on some experience dealing with trucks locally. When people started telling me otherwise, I knew my experiences couldn't all be flukes, then I found a nice write up breaking it all down on Kennedy's site

Kennedy Diesel :drink

1 - 6 of 6 Posts