Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fixin to order a few things for my truck and want to get a few questions answered so it will be one purchase.
1. Do I need to block my EGR if my truck is all stock?
2. Should I get a Allison filter and fluid?(just bought my 2006 with 128k miles, don't know when it was last changed)
3. I hear one of the best fuel filters is Racor, but is the AFE Pro-guard D2 filter any better? Any other fuel filters to mention, other than Wix?
Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I'm fixin to order a few things for my truck and want to get a few questions answered so it will be one purchase.
1. Do I need to block my EGR if my truck is all stock?
2. Should I get a Allison filter and fluid?(just bought my 2006 with 128k miles, don't know when it was last changed)
3. I hear one of the best fuel filters is Racor, but is the AFE Pro-guard D2 filter any better? Any other fuel filters to mention, other than Wix?
Thanks in advanced!
1. no. Get EGR off tuning instead, you'll need it anyway to stop diagnostic codes. EGR off tuning on an 06 makes a blocker plate irrelevant.
2. yes
3. no, get the Racor

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
get a wix fuel filter, best in the business, and killerbee, so your saying the egr motor wont open under pressure?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
The last LBZ I tested stayed fully closed at 45 psi MAP.
So what about over 45 psi? On a stock turbo? That would seem to be pushing the stock limitations of stock turbo wouldnt it? Ive also heard/read that the general rule from people is that the egr will open from 20 psi. just wonder what has changed?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I believe I read somewhere on here that racor and wix are 4 micron and that AFE is 2 or 3 micron, is that right? What would happen if I were to never block or turn off my egr? Are there any good DIY tranny fluid change write ups?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.