Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed a thoroughbred diesel egr delete kit and after doing this there is no where to install what I believe is the mass air flow sensor but it seems to need to be plugged in to run. What should I do with this sensor. Plug it in and stash it somewhere or is there a place to
Install it or does efi live let me remove its requirement? I have owned my duramax for a while but just now have started working on it myself. It is an 2006 LBZ cab chassis 3500 and I am an aircraft tech but need tips on the diesel world.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. So I found out today I cant get a copy of EFI live that will let me turn off the CEL for not having the EGR plugged in or the other item that I thought was the mass airflow but instead learned was the grid heater for the incoming air. Since I live in Florida I doubt I will need a heater of any type. MY question then is... If I plug in the grid heater and the EGR but just stow them someplace could that make the CEL go off and would it hurt anything? Or Can I still get EFI live. This truck is not registered for the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts