Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
do you live in a state with emissions??

a much cheaper and healthier route for your motor might be to block off the whole system. get us some more background info. fill out your sig like mine is

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you live in a state with emissions??

a much cheaper and healthier route for your motor might be to block off the whole system. get us some more background info. fill out your sig like mine is
No emissions on diesels in VA. Replaced 7 glow plugs they couldn't get the 8th one out yesterday and 10 miles later the check engine light came on. Now they are saying EGR valve needs to be replaced 70,000 miles

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
hmmm sounds fishy. is this the dealer?? i'd take it to a reputable diesel mechanic and see if he thinks the same thing.

and are you programmed or stock?? most people like to block off or completely delete the EGR system.

bump for you, sorry i don't know about warranty or labor on this item

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm sounds fishy. is this the dealer?? i'd take it to a reputable diesel mechanic and see if he thinks the same thing.

and are you programmed or stock?? most people like to block off or completely delete the EGR system.

bump for you, sorry i don't know about warranty or labor on this item
It's stock with 70,000 miles. I'm thinking about blocking it off. The way it sounds it's going to be over a thousand bucks for the egr and labor

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
It's stock with 70,000 miles. I'm thinking about blocking it off. The way it sounds it's going to be over a thousand bucks for the egr and labor
Id block it or go to a diesel mechanic shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts