Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys this is my first diesel and i want to check and see if the egr valve is blocked but i dont know where it is. it is an 05 lly of course. i bought it used and it had some stuff done to it so i just want to know if it is blocked.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Looking from the pass. side at the engine, yuo will see a long shiny tube running length wise with the valve cove about 2" round thats the egr cooler, on that torwards the fire wall there is a 2 bolt flange loosen these two bolts and see if there is a blocker plate there or a gasket, dont worry about the gasket you wont hurt it its Stainless steel! Dose the truck have a Cat on it still?

LAter
Caleb

Also the 2 bolts in the flange a really Friggen tight!

·
Registered
352 Posts
beach_33 said:
hey guys this is my first diesel and i want to check and see if the egr valve is blocked but i dont know where it is. it is an 05 lly of course. i bought it used and it had some stuff done to it so i just want to know if it is blocked.
hey welcome, hey fill out your signature by going to your user control panel, saying what rig you have and what mods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts