Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys so recently its been raining at night and getting pretty cold around 40 or so in the mornings and when i go to start my truck my EGT gauge will stay at the temp i shut it off from driving the night before for a while. has this happened to any one else?

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Arizona people :rof 40 pretty cold pshh you haven't seen nothing yet :neener

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol what ever kyle. im not looking forward to this winter. lol im use to 30 as a low hahaha its still in the 100s in AZ

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
lol i think ive seen people say that theirs will stay at like 200 or 300 even when truck turned off
and ya you are going to be suprised by a real winter!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol yeah they always stay on after you shut them off it depends on how you wire them but when i start it up my EGT gauge will not reset. they go through a test by dropping to 0 then going to the temp but it hasnt been doing that.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
oh maybe you need a new one then? maybe yours is made for arizona weather and not wyoming

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahahaha yeah maybe. lol i dont know im thinking the thermostat just isnt recognizing at start up. it reset after a few minutes of letting my truck warm up yesterday.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
Sometimes if the electrical connection isn't the greatest it will freeze and hold at certain temps. Mine does it every once in a while cuz the fuse tap I used doesn't seem to make that great of a connection in the fuse slot.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts