Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had dpf problems with an 08 LMM at 75k, so I installed a profab 4” exhaust and EFI Live tune. Looking to delete the egr and will add an lb7 up pipe w/egt sensor port on the passenger side. Can I wire it into the existing wiring harness that the dpf egt sensors were connected to? Will the tune prevent me from capturing this data from the ECM?
My goal is to add an Insight CTS2 later for this parameter to be viewed.
Thanks

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,519 Posts
There could be a way to do it, but I'm not sure the computer would like the incoming/outgoing signals involved. Any of the aftermarket egt probes I have seen are a simple two-wire setup. The egt sensors used in a stock application are all four-wire from what I have seen. And now that I think about it, did the LMM even have egt sensors with the dpf assembly? I was thinking it used to pressure sensors that just measured the pressure difference pre-dpf versus post-dpf... but I could be wrong, its been a while since I messed with an LMM...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read one place they were egt sensors, another place stated they were pressure sensors!
Will have to contact the dealership!
Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys, the sensors before and after the dpf on the lmm are pressure!!! Trace the tube back toward the bed and you will find the pressure tranducer that feeds the ecm the differential pressure of the dpf.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,519 Posts
Yeah, I was pretty sure they were just pressure sensors and not egt sensors.

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,376 Posts
Hey guys, the sensors before and after the dpf on the lmm are pressure!!! Trace the tube back toward the bed and you will find the pressure tranducer that feeds the ecm the differential pressure of the dpf.

The tubes are for pressure and the sensors are for temperature.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Why make this harder than what it could be?
If your eventually getting the CTS2 and installing a EGT probe, just run the wire provided with the EGT probe to the CTS2 cable that connects to the obd2 port, it’s made for this.

Oh, the tune will NOT interfere doing this.

I’m pretty sure your thinking taking one of the sensors out of the DPf to do this, it would take time with all the stuff you’ll need to do to achieve this.
One member did a write-up on doing this, it’s not as simple as you would think just to save $100.
Do it right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts