Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok whats the highest egt i can run safely with my 03?

·
Registered
132 Posts
ive read anywhere between 1200* and 1350* who knows what the actual magic number is

·
Registered
686 Posts
ya i guess u wanna stay under 1350 if ur on it longer then a mile or so and u dont wanna spike over 1500 longer then a second...lol

ive ran 1350 up a 7 mile hill towing 6k doing 70 mph

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You will hear mixed opinions on this, i have a 1600 degree pyrometer and try to keep it under 1400 at full throttle, i would say try not to run it at above 1100 for more than a minute or so. Your temps shouldn't get that high unless your under heavy throttle or towing hard. From what i hear, it's ok to run it up to 1500 ish if your not gonna hold it there.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thinks guys

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
yep,keep under 1300 if ya can,the hotter the tune,the easier the EGT shoots up too....:drink

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
I have an alarm set to chime at 1350... I've also heard that you don't wanna go over 1500 for long. You'll see higher temps with restrictive exhaust. I've heard that the new downpipes that are coming out for the LB7's are dropping the EGT's... couple that with new up-pipes and manifolds and your EGT's can drop significantly... naturally, you wanna get rid of the stock exhaust system. If you change out the up and downpipes and still have EGT probs... look at a bigger intercooler.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
on my #5 setting ive hit 1650 on my 2000 degree gauge going up a steep ass hill thats like 2 km long racing a mustang :D :D only for a few seconds then i saw the gauge and let off immediatly and the stang went flying by hahaha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts