Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 LML, i bought the truck about 10k miles ago/ 7 months ago. I seem to be having an electrical issue. Currently my truck seems to have a shutter/ stall issue. When i start up my truck there's no issue, but when im driving down the road (higher speeds ie. 45+) and hit a bump my truck will do this jolt/ jerk shuttering for a moment until it recovers and acts like nothing happens. But if i hit a bump at low speeds the truck stalls out, or if i flip a U turn it will also stall my truck. i have an edge CTS 2 monitor which i use to clear the code. it pops a p0336 (crank shaft positioning sensor) and the truck wont turn on unless i clear the code then its a repetitive cycle. I replaced the sensor, replaced my fuel filter (just in case), checked under the hood fuses and under the dash, and i checked both battery terminals, took both inner wheel fenders off to checked both passenger and driver negative grounds. i am stumped on what could be the issue. i don't have any clue of where to look now. The problem isn't every second of every time i drive it but very reoccurring

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Have you checked the wiring for that Crank Shaft sensor? Id look from the sensor backwards along the wiring.

It seems like something is shorting out when the truck hits that bump, then moves back out of the short when the truck is on smooth pavement again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked the wiring for that Crank Shaft sensor? Id look from the sensor backwards along the wiring.

It seems like something is shorting out when the truck hits that bump, then moves back out of the short when the truck is on smooth pavement again.
i did when i was swapping the sensor out, i didnt see anything wrong or unusual with the male side of the connector.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
It could be anywhere between that sensor connector and the ECM

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to go check on the truck today, the wiring harness from the CKS seemed to be fine, but when I started the truck up afterwards it seems the batteries were on the low end, I want to say I saw something on the forums ab the early LML’s having crappy ALT could that be my issue?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.