Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my gauge cluster started acting funny. I'd get in the truck and put the key in the ignition and start the truck. The gauge cluster will not light up, needles won't move, and only my check engine light is on (well, its always on but nothing is "wrong" with the truck per say). Gauges will light up and needles will move after 5 or 10 minutes of driving. Some days they will work, other days they will not.

Another issue is that when I put shift lever in to "P" the indicator will not always show up under "P" unless I move it a certain way. The truck will be in PARK and not move. Last winter I had issues with the truck not shifting so I replaced the NSBU with an Allison unit from Merchant Automotive. Fixed the shifting problem but not the indicator under "P".

The NSBU I previously mentioned fixed my "RANGE SHIFT INHIBITED" problem but sure enough I got the same message today when I put the truck in reverse. I turned it off for 5 minutes and started it again and it shifted through each gear. I tried to do some quick searching and Google led me to a ignition SWITCH not lock. Typically the truck shifts fine and I usually let it warm up 5-10 minutes each morning before going to school or work. Its also plugged in at night. This is the first time this has happened since January.

Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Might be a BCM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts