Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheers everyone! Does anyone know how to activate the Elevated Idle Feature on a Manual 6 Speed 2500HD? I know the book goes over how to do it for the Allison equipped Duramax, but it doesn't work for the manual because you have to engage the clutch to start the truck, which in turn cancels the Elevated Idle process! Whew! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2005 LLY 2500HD w/ 74k and no problems yet! Love the truck. It pulls my 35 foot 5th wheel trailer coast to coast and does an awesome job. Have a great day.:drink

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
I don't know for sure but would you have to have the park brake set after it is started. Mine I just go through the computer b/c I have the steering wheel controls. Mine doesn't come on until it has been running for a couple minutes when it knows it isn't up to a good operating temp.

Ryan

·
Registered
32 Posts
i've got a six speed and i use a switch that i got from summit racing that uses the cruise control i think it cost about 22 dollars and took about thirty min. to put it on

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks for the info on the summit racing thing. do you know what it is caleed exactly so I can look for one? thanks again!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I take it you don't have the driver information center?? You can do the same thing without the switch for a fraction of the cost. Here is the site for the kit: High Idle Kit: And the instructions on how to install it are here: Install instructions. Go under tech tips, duramax diesel, and elevated idle for the LLY. Actually it tells you how to get it to work on your truck too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts