Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today early morning start up 16 degrees fires up high idke kicks in within 5-10 seconds . The day before morning start 18 degrees doesn’t kick in .. late to work I drive slow half mile to coffee stir park it it goes right into high idke.. on days it works it works once in the morning and after that it’ll work when it wants to during the day start ups.. idk break switch is good I think help I’m gettin annoyed and it’s cold 09 LMM just hit 130k 5 days ago

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've noticed the same thing on my 08. One thing- it doesn't want to kick in more often when I park on my sloped driveway with the front of the truck at the top of the driveway. If I back into the driveway and start it the next morning, the high idle tends to work more often.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed the same thing on my 08. One thing- it doesn't want to kick in more often when I park on my sloped driveway with the front of the truck at the top of the driveway. If I back into the driveway and start it the next morning, the high idle tends to work more often.
🤔 I don’t know .. same thing rhis morning 18 degrees no high idke I was late to work so I let it warm up 3-5 mins took a piss got my work boots on and took off to the coffee store . Stopped and boom high idke and I had it plugged in and took it off it was bottomed at 169 usually I take it off at its at Or I between 185-160. I do have one weak #2 glow plug but that has nothing to do with this .. hopefully sometime else can chime in it’s too cold for this sh*t to happen now ! Damn*t !

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ha! Having the same issues with just my Elevated Idle, in 13F weather! Ha, ever since the "Weight Reduction" It works, when it want's too. It seems I started having issues whenever i got my Edge CTS2 monitor. Every time it seems to have troubles with communication. Then the truck seems to want to start high RPMs. But, then when i see my gauges on monitor.. NOPE .. it just goes back down @#[email protected]#Q$. 13F and truck is DEFINITELY under 160F

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Does fuel level have anything to do with it? I know my Jeep will not remote start if the low fuel light is on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No fuel level problem no codes. I do have a check engine for a weak glow plug but it does not affect it .. it high idles for me last night at 29 degrees going to store and just not this morning I start her up for work she reads 28 degrees and has not elevated idle yet.. I’m sitting there yanking on the brake it’s not the brake switch I can hear it engage and dis engage im jiggling the shifter knob nothing.. it’s EFI live tuned deleted but it seems to just work whenever the duck it feels like it.. I’ll get in right now drift to get coffee two miles down the road and as soon as I put her in park she wil high idle and scare the heck out of everyone

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do u know? 2.1 miles down the road high idle kicks in as soon as I put her in park and jump out the door .. people think a jet is landing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Why is the cel on?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weak #2 plug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts