Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to keep my PPE in my truck encase i was out on the road somewhere and something happened that it needed to go to the dealer i could reflash the stock tune...not for warranty just so it was easer on them and i didn't have to fight with the PPE website to get my programmer unlocked (happened twice with my bully dog on my ford!!)

so i got to thinking the other day is there anyway without your lap top to flash the stock tune back into the truck? (i keep my V2 in the truck.) also if the truck got reflashed at a none local dealer would the EFI credits have to be re bought?

sorry if this is a stupid qustion.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
i have always wondered what the sd card slot in the top was for possibly store tunes maybe

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
Black Box Flashing just went into beta testing for LS1 97/98, LS1 99+, E40, E38, E67, T42, T43, LB7, LLY

So right now you need your laptop to load tunes in, and LBZ/LMM someday soon something will be worked out for them. give it time, awesome things are always happening with EFI Live.

EDIT:

the SD card slot works perfect for BBL (you can log your truck with the V2 to the SD card), And BBR (black Box Reading (read tunes) is in pre-release.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
hah ha so mike is that what the card slot will be for ?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mike what about the credits? would the efi on my lap top think that vin was already used if the truck got reflashed with a new oem tune?

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
mike what about the credits? would the efi on my lap top think that vin was already used if the truck got reflashed with a new oem tune?
The License (credits) are stored in the V2 itself. You can use any laptop to log/tune with your V2 and same license.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
catch my ? mike whats the sd card slot for ??

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
ha ha sorry quick to hop wasn't i

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The License (credits) are stored in the V2 itself. You can use any laptop to log/tune with your V2 and same license.
word so even if im in east Jesus nowhere i can always download efi to the dealers computer station and reflash my truck!!:rockin hope i never have to do that haha!

·
Registered
926 Posts
No, you wouldn't have to rebuy anything, just take it to the dealer, if they flash a different callibration, you just flash back to what you had before, the SD card is for storing black box logs, and PID selections for now.

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
word so even if im in east Jesus nowhere i can always download efi to the dealers computer station and reflash my truck!!:rockin hope i never have to do that haha!
I guess you can look at it that way, but better have your blue card info so you can register the efi program on that computer, and your tunes on a jump drive or in email or something.

Also if you go to dealer, they can reflash stock tune in with tech II over your efi tune. having them not fight ya on warranty issues may be another story though :D

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
No, you wouldn't have to rebuy anything, just take it to the dealer, if they flash a different callibration, you just flash back to what you had before, the SD card is for storing black box logs, and PID selections for now.
too slow...:D:gearjamin

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i don't fight...i know im in the wrong according to al gore's world and i don't care i can afford the payment and i can afford to pay to play...just wanted to know the way to get back to tuned if i was away from home. but with the V2 in the truck and your tunes saved on my email i think could figure it out.

because on an LMM you really can't run it without the filter stock right? it will do all kinda bad stuff?

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
i don't fight...i know im in the wrong according to al gore's world and i don't care i can afford the payment and i can afford to pay to play...just wanted to know the way to get back to tuned if i was away from home. but with the V2 in the truck and your tunes saved on my email i think could figure it out.

because on an LMM you really can't run it without the filter stock right? it will do all kinda bad stuff?
you may end up in reduced power mode after awhile worst case senero (sp). For sure have you will have plenty of codes.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
hey mike...if i get my stuff working tomorrow (hopefully pray for me to get it working :rof)
can i load my DSP tune in there without my switch being hooked up?
sorry for the hijack to!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts