Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are about to head out to Missouri from Southern California with our new to us Duramax and I need to know what you guys recommend bringing as part of a emergency tool kit. We will be towing a box trailer out and a toyhauler back.

List so far. (added items in red)
  1. Standard Tool Box (wrenches/pliars)
  2. First Aid Kit
  3. Fuses
  4. Tow Rope
  5. Fuel Filter
  6. Floor Jack
  7. Fuel Jug (bring two to extend range)
  8. Oil
  9. Belt
  10. Coolant or DI Water

Appreciate any input. Thanks!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I always bring an extra bit of just about every fluid just in case, an extra drive belt and a power inverter on top of what you already have listed.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I bring a case of BEER, cause I can not work on anything without it:drink

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
i have never brought anything like you guys list when i go on vacation lol. ive never brought an extra belt or fuel filter. and i always have the tool box in the camper

·
Registered
220 Posts
emergency tool box

We are about to head out to Missouri from Southern California with our new to us Duramax and I need to know what you guys recommend bringing as part of a emergency tool kit. We will be towing a box trailer out and a toyhauler back.

List so far. (added items in red)
  1. Standard Tool Box (wrenches/pliars)
  2. First Aid Kit
  3. Fuses
  4. Tow Rope
  5. Fuel Filter
  6. Floor Jack
  7. Fuel Jug (bring two to extend range)
  8. Oil
  9. Belt
  10. Coolant or DI Water

Appreciate any input. Thanks!
Add some wood blocks and a good sized bottle jack and I recommend a 1/2 drive breaker bar and impact sockets, lug wrenches are a pain in the wazzu when your on the side of the road trying to change a flat. Also a small piece of old carpet to lay on

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
A 10 dollar tire repair kit[one with plugs in case you get a nail etc],and I have a air compressor that has saved my ass more than once....[cheap wally world one,but hey it filled the tire after it got plugged!!]:drink
Jumper cables,flares/triangles incase of breakdowns,fire extinguisher,fuses,bulbs...[hey ya never know,it's always someone else that needed mine and I was glad to help]

·
Registered
839 Posts
Idler pulleys

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Onstar with roadside assistance!!!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I always bring an extra bit of just about every fluid just in case, an extra drive belt and a power inverter on top of what you already have listed.
i would agree with those, plus wood blocks, maybe some blankets, flares and stuff...

and i dont know the laws by you, but around here it is illegal to carry fuel, unless it is back to your house after you bought it, so you might want to look into that...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Gas and a match.... for when you get frustrated with fixing it, you can burn the bitch to the ground

I always have filters and an extra gallon of oil. Spare belt. Yank straps. TP... cause you know you'll need it one of these days:D. Bag of 1/2" drive sockets and wrenches. I'm sure there's more, but most of it is always on the truck so I;m probably forgetting something

1 - 12 of 12 Posts