Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some suggestions on how to deal with a dealership that won't honor an emissions warranty repair. The DPF on my 2015 LML loaded up with soot and the vehicle didn't command a regen so it threw a code and went into limp mode. I had to drive it 200 miles in limp mode to get to a dealer.

The dealer inspected it, cleared the code and did a manual regen burn. They can't find anything wrong with and they're trying to tell me that it's a maintenance item and not under warranty. I walked away and left the truck there.

I called GM and after having to wait 24 hours for a return call, they tried to offer me $100 to offset the cost of repairs. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but now I have to wait until after the holiday weekend and who knows when I'll get a call back. I've filed a complaint with the Bureau of Automotive repair but I'm sure that will take a while as well.

Does anybody know have any good phone numbers of who to contact to get this dealt with?

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree with the comment above. With all the EPA garbage going around right now, this is something they need to hear. You can tell your story about how the emissions equip failed due to defect and the dealership failed to comply with handling the situation while under warranty. Also, any lost wages/time it cost you. These parts get put on our trucks from the factory as required by law, but yet they are not allowing the vehicles to be reliable on the road during daily drives and offer no help to the situation when their own parts fail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.