Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I've searched gone back and forth and from what I understand some 235/85/16 tires work with out a spacer some require 1/4 - 1/2" spacer some need more. I'm hoping we can get only people who have actually run them what brand and what it took to get them to fit.

My LB7 dually is in need of new tires, and I want to fit the biggest I can with out a huge spacer and my tires sticking out so I can drop my rpms when on the highway. And a 235/85/16 seems like the go to size.

So lets hear it, Year of truck, Tire Brand, What if any spacers were used to make them fit. Add a pic please also if you have something. I guess if you have a different size that works for you post it up also.

Thanks guys hopefully this can be the last thread that needs to be posted on this topic. :rofl

·
Registered
260 Posts
07 classic with michelin ltx ms2. Truck had those tires on it when I bought it, after awhile I noticed the duals where rubbing when loaded heavy(I regularly gross over 30k) bought 1/2" spacers and took care of the rubbing issue. When I buy new tires I'm goin back to the stock size, I just don't trust the spacers with that kind of weight.......but if your not gonna be loaded very heavy you probably wouldn't need spacers at all..

·
Registered
53 Posts
subd

·
Registered
266 Posts
When loaded heavy 235/85r16 will touch slightly but not loaded heavy no problem ran Hankooks like that and firestone all 10 ply if I was to do it again with that size I would do the smallest spacer possible and call it good

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts