Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a 2007 chevy 2500hd classic with a lbz. I have a 4 in turboback with a edge uice with attitude. I installed a PPE codeblocker and a egr blocker plate. i drove the truck for 3 weeks after installing this stuff without getting a engine light. Then one day it came on. The code was 402(EGR excessive flow). I was driving a 45 kmh. No hard acceleration or anything. Normal driving. ANY help is greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Check your connections to your code blocker. did you solder them or did you use scotch locks?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used butt connectors, but i was thinking i probably shoould solder them.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah, solder them and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i will try that thanks. But if that does not work then i dont know what to do... send the code blocker back for a new one maybe?.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah, probably...did you double check you blocker plate?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what do you mean, check if it is fully seated.? or check if its leaking
??
thanks

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
both..fully seated and tight.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would that cause a code? i am guessing yes since code 402 is egr excessive flow??? the egr blocker i received had LBZ etched into it. However it did not fit very well at all. I dremeled it out slightly to get a better fit. Maybe i should dremel it out some more to get a better fit. Thanks

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah, I would check that if your truck still trips the codes after you solder your code blocker in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok thanks for the help i really appreciate it.! Can the dealer void my warranty with these items installed(4inch turboback exhaust), egr blocker plate, and the juice with attitude. Or any suggestions of what i should take off before i bring it in for serviceing. I have 5000KMS and it's due for its oil change. Oh one more question, would you recommend changing to synthetic oil.
Thanks
j.b

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I would take off the juice with attitude. The exhaust shouldn't be a big deal, but the programmer will probably not be the best thing to leave in there if you haven't talked to your service manager. I would go another oil change before switching over to synthetic. Now, just because you made modifications they can't legally void your warranty just because you did that, but they will give you a hard time in most cases and tell you that it is voided. Obviously the warranty on the exhaust is null and void since it isn't there (stock exhaust). I guess I am lucky with my dealer since they sold me the truck with the TST already installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts