Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started with a new company as the heavy equipment mechanic, I hardly ever work on truck mostly cranes. Well they asked me to look at a truck its a 2014 3500 and it has 5 codes P-2463 P-2636 P-20EE P-22A0 and P-11DC. I was going to change the Nox sensor and get someone to regen it for me since 3 codes relate to it, but I hate to just throw parts at it

Fuel gauge will randomly show E after running for a few minutes(truck had dual tankes)
The company took it to a shop and the shop wanted to change the tank pump, 3 injectors the cp4 and flush the fuel system, but the truck is running great.

any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
694 Posts
Can't help you with the codes but, there is no pump in the tank unless it has a lift pump & that would have nothing to do with your issues. I would be running as fast as I could from that shop if they want to sell you a cp4 when the truck is great as you mentioned, wouldn't be running as all if cp4 was out.
Maybe someone who is familiar with the codes will show up and assist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I told them. If it did need the cp4 it wouldnt run at all and if it did youd be able to tell from a mile away.

the tanks i think its something the have in common where the both come together

1 - 3 of 3 Posts