Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 02 D/A come from texas i live in michigan, i crawled under it the other day and searched high and low for a 110v plug.

where is it? is it possible it did not come with a heater as it was sold in TX?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
It should have one. From the Pass side look down between the coolant resivoir and the exhaust manifold right above the frame on the inside of the inner fender it should be bundled up there!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Texas Truck?

Where did you buy your Duramax from? I'm looking at a 01 from Discount Motor Company. I live in NH and I couln't find one even close to his price and it's rust free. We use alot of salt here in the winter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought an 04 from a dealership in Texas. (D/F-W area), and I live in Seattle. The truck is clean, well, no rust, it WAS dusty, those folks down there need to learn to detail a vehicle! anyway, Im VERY happy so far, the truck was as advertised, and 8 grand less than other stuff I found here. Im not sure what trucks cost where you are, but my plane ticket, motel and gas came to under 700 bucks, and thats worth a trip to DFW!

I found mine on Autotrader.com, put in my serach criteria, and poof! I just didnt put a limit on distance. I would keep in mind that a GM dealership has a reputation to take care of, so I would be more comfortable with them than a private party, and certainly a used car lot. But, that's just my personal experience, and $.02.

the folks there were super polite, and the sales guy even picked me up at the airport at 6 am!!!

I would suggest getting the VIN #s on whatever trucks you are interested in, and make a friend in a local dealership, have him run the Vin for you, and they can tell you if any warranty work was done. I dont trust Carfax to have ALL the facts, and most dealers will send you a carfax on the cars they sell. If you want to know more of how I did it, send me a PM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no plug

never found a heater but i am happy to report that i dont care we have had several 7 degree mornings now and the Duramax starts right up like nothing even in these temps

·
Registered
2 Posts
below zero

If you look in the owners manual it says you really don't need the engine heater unless it's below zero. I live in northern NH and lately it has been -20 to -15 quite a few mornings in a row. I plugged it in when I got home and the next morning the wait light came on for maybe 2 seconds then fired like up and purred like it was at normal operating temp. I am though really impressed how when it is 10 degrees out how it still starts right up and purrs like it had been plugged in.

Well off to go snowmobiling with my four place enclosed trailer which my duramax hauls with ease!!! I'll never go back to gas again!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts