Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my truck ran amsoil synthetic on every oil change. Now i have heard that it is good oil but dang it makes for a pricey oiil change. my question do i HAVE to keep runnin it or can i switch to rotella or something. i have heard that if you run it you need to stay with it but have a hard time believeing that. thanks

chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't believe it either. I run Valvoline synthetic blended oil in everything I have and I have never had a problem, even on some high mileage work trucks. Mobil 1 synthetic has been used in my Corvette but it also makes for an expensive oil change.

·
Registered
592 Posts
thought I read it on amsoil's site or pamphlet something, cant you go longer between changes? Or would that be something the company says but you should still change as often? If you can go twice as long between intervals then it'd be the same as going with a cheaper oil at more frequent intervals.

The engine oil is the only thing I havent switched over to amsoil yet, had some free oil changes from the dealership

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Amsoil products are among the best that can be purchased. You can go longer between oil changes- dyno vs synthetics. Remember you usually get what you pay for. I would hate to go cheap and blow my engine just because I wanted to save a few bucks. Got to ask yourself, how much is it worth to ensure my ride stays in tip top shape? Rotella is also one of the top of the line lubricants. It just comes down to peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Ok do you have to continue to use AMSOIL, no. Now I do highly recommend you continue to you a synthetic, not because of any myths but strictly to continue to run high quality oil's in your DMAX. Now not sure if you are aware but AMSOIL can be run for 25,000 mi or 1 year, if you do the math the cost savings are there along with all the benefits. If I can be of any assistance please let me know. Take care,

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok do you have to continue to use AMSOIL, no. Now I do highly recommend you continue to you a synthetic, not because of any myths but strictly to continue to run high quality oil's in your DMAX. Now not sure if you are aware but AMSOIL can be run for 25,000 mi or 1 year, if you do the math the cost savings are there along with all the benefits. If I can be of any assistance please let me know. Take care,
wow i didnt know it could be run that long. i guess what changes everything. even if i only ran it 15000 miles it would still be better then runnin a slightly cheaper oil for 10000 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
wow i didnt know it could be run that long. i guess what changes everything. even if i only ran it 15000 miles it would still be better then runnin a slightly cheaper oil for 10000 miles.
If you would like anymore imformation please let me know and I will be more then happy to help out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts