Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what amsoil oil do you all run in your trucks, i just bought some series 3000 5w 30. a member up at camp pasted away and his wife is selling all the things she has no use for. i bought 2- 2 1/2 gallon jugs, 3- 1 gallon jugs, 20- quart bottles, and three filters.... i got it all for $200 for it all.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I run AMSOIL Full Synthetic CJ-4, 15W-40 in mine with a EA052 absolute efficiency oil filter.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I run AMSOIL Full Synthetic CJ-4, 15W-40 in mine with a BMK-21 bypass oil filter system... They claim it will go 70,000+ on a bulk change.. ive only gone about 10,000 and i have changed the filters once... the oil anylsis came back good , so so far it works Great!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am currently running rotella T6 in the truck, its a 5w 30 but says it equivalant to a 15w 40. i have had my doubts and been told to run 15w 40. what are your opinions on this?

·
Vendor
966 Posts
Im running 5w40 API CJ4. I went with the lighter weight because down here its not so cold and the lighter weight also helps with fuel milage. I've liked it so far and have seen an increase in fuel milage.

The 3000 series 5w-30 you bought is going to be a lot better than what your currently running for a couple of reason. Extended drain intervals. It has a very low cold pour point. Basically colder temp it flows a lot easier because its not so thick. Also its going to help your MPGS, because of the lower viscosity it wont be so hard on the motor which will make it run a little more smoothly giving a little more power and better fuel milage. You can run it 3XOEM. I wouldn't go over 50,000 miles on it unless you do oil analysis. Then I'd run it until the analysis says to change it.

Hope that answers some of your questions. If you have anymore I'll try to answer them the best I can. If the get to difficult I suggest you try mrmanner he can help you a whole lot better than I can and has a better knowledge of this than I do.

·
Vendor
966 Posts
Petro Canada. Lower base stock % than Amsoil for half the cost. :)
He already bought the oil and was asking about the benefits.

Forgot to add on the 3xOEM that is if your using amsoil filters. If they are not then you need to change filters at oem intervals. In your op it just said filters so I wasn't sure what they are.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Petro Canada. Lower base stock % than Amsoil for half the cost. :)
That will be my next oil on my oil change..... I was quite surprised to see how clear that oil is compared to other brands. It's like 100% pure oil with no dye!

·
Banned
17,251 Posts
He already bought the oil and was asking about the benefits.
Cool. He can run PC next time then ;)

That will be my next oil on my oil change..... I was quite surprised to see how clear that oil is compared to other brands. It's like 100% pure oil with no dye!
Yep, bartling has a crap load of it, ask scott for the brochures and give them a read.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the info bigoldog, and yes they are amsoil filters. my buddy is an amsoil dealer, just started a few months ago, he was supposed to check on the oil analysis cost for me.

·
Vendor
966 Posts
thanks for the info bigoldog, and yes they are amsoil filters. my buddy is an amsoil dealer, just started a few months ago, he was supposed to check on the oil analysis cost for me.
Ordering oil analysis either this week or next for my truck. I wanna say its like 50 dollars. I cant remember plus I haven't ordered it yet either. Look out mrmanners Ive got questions. :neener Good luck and Im glad I was finally able to give some info instead of always getting:drink

1 - 11 of 11 Posts