Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first have to shout out to the guys and gal (Roxanne) at Merchant Automotive for helping me get my issue figured out. Truck was smoking at start up and idle and eventually discovered that 4 injectors were going bad. Balance rates were in spec but return rates were junk. So I decided to get a set of reman stock sticks, injector fuel lines, and valve cover bolts (top and bottom), new cups from a forum member and picked up an install kit off of ebay for $35! Tore into it this morning and got her back on the road by 5pm. Got an injector and cup removal tool set off ebay which made all the difference this time.
Hope that she can last another 200k then its gets passed down to my son and I can get an LMM or LML. This is the second time I have done injectors and then hardest part is cleaning the old sealant off the valve covers. Already changed all of the fuel filters on her and tomorrow she will get a fresh oil change (only have 500 miles on the current one but there is a bunch of debris and junk that fall into the head when doing the job). Thinking of only running a true fuel additive for these new injectors vs the 2 stroke oil. May help them last longer.
If anyone needs help and good parts at good prices, hit up the gang at Merchant. They really helped me out on this one.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts