Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
truck came into shop with fuel filter light coming on and fuel pressure codes. replaced fuel filter with ac/delco filter and installed exrgy fuel pressure reg 1. cleared all codes, road test truck runs perfect.. rane health report on truck, no codes in any module. but when you turn key on message displays engine in reduced power. hit check mark to clear message drive truck, doesnt come on again until turn key off and then back on.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
After you turn on the truck and the reduced power message displays, what codes are stored?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
And I'm assuming if you start and run the engine, the message persists and no codes are created? Is the MIL light on?
When you received the truck and started your analysis, what were all the codes?
I would expect there to be a code that would cause this message to display. In looking around the internet, most of the problems seem to be related to DPF load (needs regen), MAF, MAP, APP sensor and throttle body.sensors (related).AND THEIR RELATED CIRCUITS.

Might take a look here

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
p0091 when truck came in, no codes now,no mil, truck runs perfect.has plenty o power.and while driving if you pre cleared the message it doesnt come back. only when you first turn on key

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trucj is deleted so no regen, had no reduced power light until fuel problem but now fuel problem fixed with no other noticible conditions other tahn this damn message

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
What was the solution for the P0091 code (low FPR voltage)? Circuit problem (bare/broken wire) or something else?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
This is a WILD ass GUESS. Detach the FPR connector, let it create a code, then clear the code and see of the reduced engine power message goes away. Maybe restart several times. After that, I'm out of suggestions

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ll try that tomorrow,I’m out of ideas too, that’s why I’m here. But really the truck makes no sense at all of course customer doesn’t understand that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts