Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trucks been sitting for 6 weeks while the new tranny was being put in $4000 later and only 25 miles from the shop the motor started shaking. it shakes at idle in park and even worse at 1200 rpms when taking off the injectors showed normal balance on the scan tool. is my motor dead? any ideas:help

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
could be ...

any codes? if it's shaking that bad usually you would get a code... Who did the trans? did they have anything to say about the issue?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Turn it off!!!!!! Talk to the shop that did the trans sounds like something aint right....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no codes show up. the guy who did my tranny said maybe stuck injector. I've called around and have heard everything from new injectors to new motor to eletrical connection are there any good diesel mechanics out there? kroggs any by you I'm in MN

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
no codes show up. the guy who did my tranny said maybe stuck injector. I've called around and have heard everything from new injectors to new motor to eletrical connection are there any good diesel mechanics out there? kroggs any by you I'm in MN
I know a couple people you can call local. Were in MN I believe a meet is coming up here in a week or so not sure if I will be able to make it or not. Not sure I'll try to find the link for you. :drink

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the St.Cloud area. Pickups and Powersports is where I've been going but thats who did the tranny in November and redid it in April so not in to much of a hurry to go back there.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Give Jags pro truck a call I think they are located in Zimmerman from what I've heard they are pretty smart fellas......

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Can't you check your balance rates with your PPE?

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Sounds to me like the flexplate or torque converter are loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts