Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! So i got a problem with my truck, its throwing a diagnostic code (P0101). It started happening only after i would go over a bumpy road then come to a stop at a light or intersection, now its happening more often. And it only happens when I come to a stop, never while driving down the road. Also this code is making the truck go into reduced power mode, so i just clear the code with my programmer and it goes away. Anyone know whats goin on, is it just a matter of replacing the MAF sensor? it doesn't happen every single time i come a stop, maybe happens 2 or 3 times a day... Thanks for any help!

·
Banned
477 Posts
Pull the MAF and check it out. Clean it good. Check the wires that go into the MAF and see if any of them are broke.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The MAF sensor is replaceable under the Diesel engine warranty I believe, take it in and get it replaced. They run like $250 new, also if you have a reuseable air filter and recently cleaned it, this is a known cause.

When cleaning the MAF, do not touch any of it, oil from your hands will cause it to mess up or read improperly.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Ya the oil from oiled filters will cause them to go wacky. If you do have an oiled filter, maybe switch to a dry one... Will cause less headaches down the road.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Ya oiled filters are a PITA. I bought a k&n for my stock intake as it was 10 more than a paper, not 3 miles later had reduced power and MAF sensor codes. Took it back and got paper one and not one issue!

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Ya oiled filters are a PITA. I bought a k&n for my stock intake as it was 10 more than a paper, not 3 miles later had reduced power and MAF sensor codes. Took it back and got paper one and not one issue!
This has been a well known problem with pretty much only the K&N airfilters for these turbo diesels.
And this issue has been discussed for over 4 years (do a search), and people still buy the K&N anyway. :confused:

ktowndmax
Besides checking and cleaning the maf make sure the clamps are tight and airflow is not sucking in somewhere from the intake besides thru the airfliter.
Also remove the airfilter cover and make sure the airfilter is seated in the intake correctly.
If you have a aftermarket airfilter it can only go in oneway, if it is not installed correctly it will fall out of the intake and be just laying in the box.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah first thing is to inspect the wires and the resistor inside the tube. Then clean it, but clean it with MAF cleaner they make a specific cleaner for that purpose brake kleen and others can cause harm to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts