Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading today that the assholess at the epa just fine punch it performance over 800000 in fine for deleting trucks . These people should impeached They are slowly taking the rights of the people

Registered
800k is small potatoes compared to what some have been fined.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I better jump on the delete boat before it sails . They make me want to delete just to get one more over on these epa and government ASSHOLES 馃嵒

Premium Member

Registered
My take on deleting is that if emissions equipment was actually reliable then less people would be interested in deleting. Calibrated Power has proven you can make good power with emissions intact, but the equipment just is not as reliable as the rest of the truck.
On my 06 the only real issue I ever had was EGR related, and that's a 14 year old truck so I don't have to deal with DEF or DPF.

Registered
My take on deleting is that if emissions equipment was actually reliable then less people would be interested in deleting. Calibrated Power has proven you can make good power with emissions intact, but the equipment just is not as reliable as the rest of the truck.
On my 06 the only real issue I ever had was EGR related, and that's a 14 year old truck so I don't have to deal with DEF or DPF.
emissions equipment that can be easily removed and serviced will make a big difference also

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I thinks there are a few ships yet sail we had one sail in last week to port and it鈥檚 running great

Registered
It seems EPA are hunting big fish EFI Live code writers to shut off supply to the masses. Could you imagine if they got a court order to seize punch it performance鈥檚 client list, invoices, etc. Pick a few normal joe clients to whack just to make a point to the masses?

Registered
emissions equipment that can be easily removed and serviced will make a big difference also
鈥︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹︹..

You didn't know. On the big rigs....the DPF was designed to be serviceable. All over our country there are shops that do nothing but service and exchange the big DPF's the OTR boys use. By cleaning them at regular intervals ( I read 80,000 mi somewhere) they have no trouble with them.

Contrast that to the way they screw us on consumer-grade trucks - on my LML, the entire exhaust is one big piece. When you reach the point that on-board re-gens cant clean it, GM will be happy to sell you a new system for around two grand.

Only way to clean the DPF properly on our "consumer grade" trucks is to cut it out of the truck, then cut it apart to clean it, then weld it back together and weld it back in the truck ( I now have "quick-disconnect" fittings on mine, so should I ever want to enjoy the thrill of having that stuff back on my truck..it can be easily and economically serviced).

Registered

By cleaning them at regular intervals ( I read 80,000 mi somewhere) they have no trouble with them.

Not really. True, they are more serviceable but big rigs still have DPF/regen issues.

Registered
Exactly, sell me a truck with emissions that is as reliable as my LB7 was and ill happily drive the wheels off of it with all its equipment intact. what i am not interested in though is paying thousands a year in maintenance of a system that uses more fuel for less power. Its like double dipping in my wallet and thats not fun for anyone but the government.

Registered

You didn't know. On the big rigs....the DPF was designed to be serviceable. All over our country there are shops that do nothing but service and exchange the big DPF's the OTR boys use. By cleaning them at regular intervals ( I read 80,000 mi somewhere) they have no trouble with them.
Yeah I was aware that semis have serviceable exhausts systems. It is a cool idea to add flanges to consumer truck exhausts systems. Did you DIY yours?

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Well looks like the delete is around the corner just waiting for the government stimulus check to help stimulate the economy 馃槤.

Registered
It seems EPA are hunting big fish EFI Live code writers to shut off supply to the masses. Could you imagine if they got a court order to seize punch it performance鈥檚 client list, invoices, etc. Pick a few normal joe clients to whack just to make a point to the masses?
don't give them any ideas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts