Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a Tune & EPC fooler installed. I changed trans fluid 2 months ago to Delvac along with new spin on filter. I would normally see trans temp no higher than 190. I do live in west Texas & have a ton of mountains. Once tune & EPC fooler was installed I hit 207 degrees. It was 91 outside! At 200 degrees I checked the trans fluid (running) & it was on the “O” on the HOT. I drained a little fluid out & checked trans temp at 165-170 & it was towards the bottom of the hatch marks. (See picture attached. The red mark is my fluid level parked at 165-170 on flat surface). With that current reading my trans temp still hit 202. My question is should I drain a a little more out to try and help it run cooler or what ?! It’s a 2016 2500. Kinda confused because I wouldn’t want to tow & obviously it go higher in temp.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 3500HD 4x4 Cclb, Banks Intake, AG Diesel Module
792 Posts
I think a slight heat increase is normal with the fooler but it shouldn't be more than a few degrees. Didn't notice much difference in my 19 as far as temp. You didn't mention tune size.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think a slight heat increase is normal with the fooler but it shouldn't be more than a few degrees. Didn't notice much difference in my 19 as far as temp. You didn't mention tune size.
I am on a 100 tune. I drove around in tow mode today and only saw 181 stop & go driving when I would of seen a lot higher without TOW mode. How does my trans level look in he dipstick ? Should I release a little more or leave ?

·
Registered
2019 3500HD 4x4 Cclb, Banks Intake, AG Diesel Module
792 Posts
I think that's fine. I have a very difficult time even seeing my level. I'm running the trans tstat bypass from Wcfab so my temp stay considerably lower.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I think that's fine. I have a very difficult time even seeing my level. I'm running the trans tstat bypass from Wcfab so my temp stay considerably lower.
awesome! I was seriously considering draining from spin on filter 1 time lol. A guy mentioned I should try BD Diesel BD Allison Pressure Controller or do trans tuning. It just scared me cuz it went up like 20-30 degrees temp wise

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
1,239 Posts
If fluid level is at red mark your fine. You say you have a 100hp tune? I would no way tow very heavy with that tune or your asking for more problems than high trans temp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If fluid level is at red mark your fine. You say you have a 100hp tune? I would no way tow very heavy with that tune or your asking for more problems than high trans temp.
Sorry for late response. I have Autocal V3 & would bump down the tune if I pull. My Rv only weighs about 7k Loaded. my tuner recommended me to lower my fluid just a hair more. After doing that I am now reading trans fluid at the red mark & that was a trans temp reading of 180-185 degrees. Took a drive for about an hour & did see the temp barely hit 200 on steep mountains ( I should of checked fluid at that temp but had family with me on adventure) & quickly got down to 190ish. Is the level of my trans fluid now acceptable?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts