Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has EPR closed up shop? His web site is gone.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Yup he's gone. Sites gone, phone is gone. I heard he's working in the oil fields.

Just proves what a total POS he really was. Got in a bind and just peaced out on everyone with no explanation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
559 Posts
Trent came out with his triple kits and the company grew faster than he was prepared for. He hired a bunch of people to handle the simpler jobs and he focused on the more complex builds. As a result the quality started to suffer and he was forced to fire many of the employees. The last time I talked to him he had stopped taking new orders and was working to try and remedy the issues with kits that had been sold. Trent seems like about as nice a guy as there is but he got in over his head. I would not be surprised to see him come back into the scene in a smaller capacity once all this blows over. He tuned my truck in the past and when I called him to have some changes made this was what he told me. Hopefully he gets back up on his feet because he definitely has a lot to offer the Dmax community!!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Trent came out with his triple kits and the company grew faster than he was prepared for. He hired a bunch of people to handle the simpler jobs and he focused on the more complex builds. As a result the quality started to suffer and he was forced to fire many of the employees. The last time I talked to him he had stopped taking new orders and was working to try and remedy the issues with kits that had been sold. Trent seems like about as nice a guy as there is but he got in over his head. I would not be surprised to see him come back into the scene in a smaller capacity once all this blows over. He tuned my truck in the past and when I called him to have some changes made this was what he told me. Hopefully he gets back up on his feet because he definitely has a lot to offer the Dmax community!!
Couldn't have said it better! :thumb

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I bought one of his kits. Worst mistake I ever made. He came on the forum and admitted his single turbo kits were getting sent out wrong and guess what? He didn't do shit about mine. Actually quit answering my phone calls.

I had to end up taking it to the credit card company I used and filing a dispute to get some retribution. Got a lousy couple hundred bucks back. Doesn't even put me "square" if you factored in all the time I had to spend to make my kit what it should have originally been.

He is a piece of garbage. Period.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I bought one of his kits. Worst mistake I ever made. He came on the forum and admitted his single turbo kits were getting sent out wrong and guess what? He didn't do shit about mine. Actually quit answering my phone calls.

I had to end up taking it to the credit card company I used and filing a dispute to get some retribution. Got a lousy couple hundred bucks back. Doesn't even put me "square" if you factored in all the time I had to spend to make my kit what it should have originally been.

He is a piece of garbage. Period.

What is a single turbo kit??

·
Registered
559 Posts
What is a single turbo kit??

I would assume it is a pedestal, oil lines, ic tubes, and intake.....

It is tough to take Trent's side because there are more stories like this one. The guys he hired to take care of the small kits like this were't even putting things in the jigs to test fit them. Some kits were being sent out with flanges welded on backwards etc. But again, it was a case of growing too large too fast. His customer service and quality control both suffered. I know he fixed a lot of kits but I think he just ran out of money. And when it comes down to fixing someones turbo and feeding your family I think we would all spend our money the same way he did.

All I'm saying is that it is too bad all this happened. Trent is a good guy and just got in way over his head.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
He actually came on here and posted an explanation at one point.. not that it makes things right, but he did. I lucked out and managed to get my issues taken care of, but it seems like a lot of guys did not. In the long run I actually had to pay for everything to be re-powdercoated though... that sucked ballz.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I would assume it is a pedestal, oil lines, ic tubes, and intake.....

It is tough to take Trent's side because there are more stories like this one. The guys he hired to take care of the small kits like this were't even putting things in the jigs to test fit them. Some kits were being sent out with flanges welded on backwards etc. But again, it was a case of growing too large too fast. His customer service and quality control both suffered. I know he fixed a lot of kits but I think he just ran out of money. And when it comes down to fixing someones turbo and feeding your family I think we would all spend our money the same way he did.

All I'm saying is that it is too bad all this happened. Trent is a good guy and just got in way over his head.

I agree with you, but theres what makes a man- if you cant make it right immediately, you keep it touch with the person, and when you can you do. I waited damn near 3 months for him to get square with me, and we had actually agreed on a deal that involved me buying MORE parts off him at a discounted price. guess what? one day he just quit talking to me. that was it.

When my kit first arrived, i honestly think more if it was still in his shop than showed up in the boxes on my door. I know many ppl who had the same problem, and while it sounds like a sob story, he did it to himself

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
He actually came on here and posted an explanation at one point.. not that it makes things right, but he did. I lucked out and managed to get my issues taken care of, but it seems like a lot of guys did not. In the long run I actually had to pay for everything to be re-powdercoated though... that sucked ballz.

Did you have a bunch of money in getting all that redone? I redid all mine myself to get mine correct.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Yeah.. P-coating everything I did cost me about 1,200.00... Now I got some extra stuff done though. Everything he sent me was fine, except for the piece that connected both turbos.. that was hot PINK. And I basically found out that to match everything correctly, I should just do it all... and I did.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Oh okay gotcha, I thought it was something like that. Just never heard of it as a "kit" because most singles are drop ins unless your going through major changes...

The only single turbo's that are drop-in are the VVTs.
All of the regular turbos require the things listed.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I agree with you, but theres what makes a man- if you cant make it right immediately, you keep it touch with the person, and when you can you do. I waited damn near 3 months for him to get square with me, and we had actually agreed on a deal that involved me buying MORE parts off him at a discounted price. guess what? one day he just quit talking to me. that was it.

When my kit first arrived, i honestly think more if it was still in his shop than showed up in the boxes on my door. I know many ppl who had the same problem, and while it sounds like a sob story, he did it to himself
If it wasn't for guys like him going out on a limb and trying to advance the sport then we would all have Edge tuners on our slow trucks. He took a shot and has admittedly failed. Dragging his name through the mud 6 months later doesn't get any of these issues solved does it?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
no, i didnt start a thread to bash, but by all means if someone asks im going to tell them what a complete worthless human being Trent Nell is.

and I didnt even express my true feelings for him. Honestly i hope him and his wife and kid are living under a bridge eating dog food

1 - 20 of 33 Posts