Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
I wanted to run this by you all and verify that I am not CRAZY.
About 4 months ago I was sideswiped on the highway, at the time I was a bit worried about the trans cooler lines (see pics), but they were not compromised. Driving to the shop from accident trans got hot (200 deg, about 50 deg over normal), but no real drivability issues.

It went to the shop, then came back several times, and after getting the truck back three times, the day I got it back the DIC light came on with about 70 different codes. The transmission also started acting really erratic, sporadic downshifting, acting like it is in tow/haul when in drive and shifts very hard into neutral, drive and reverse, but the weirdest part is the trans temp. 99% of the time my trans runs at 150 deg, but now I can be driving down the highway and all of a sudden 200 deg for 10 miles, then back to 150. My trans always acts up when the temp is hot. I put the truck back to stock, and conducted the transmission relearn but same symptoms.

I took it back to the shop and after a local auto shop inspected, they say that several of the fuses related to rear lights/trailer towing were blown. They did not know what the majority of the codes were for, but after fixing everything one code remained (P0380). I know that is a glow plug circuit code, but I am still concerned about the trans. Yesterday morning on the way to work (about 50 deg outside) it did the same thing. I called the insurance company and they are having me take the truck to a dealer, but do any of you have any recommendations???? Thanks for the help!

- I initially thought (change fuel filter and NSBS), but haven't changed yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
good luck, i got screwed on my deal.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
263 Posts
hit a car, took truck to dealer, when it was fixed. It started leaking trans fuild. They told me the two was not related because i hit her with teh front of the truck.

ended up beeing a trans line some how got messed up where it feeds into the tranny, so i ended up fixing it at home when it got towed. call insurance company they told me if the dealer said it was not related they wouldnt pay.

so i just called them all up and cussed everyone out. i had state farm too.

maybe you will have better luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts