Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody, I recently went to flash the TCM tune onto my truck and I'm not sure what happened but I'm getting this $053E error now and it has put the truck in some wierd limp mode(service traction control, service stabilitrak, traction control light is on, CEL is on. Cranks, runs, put in drive and it will not do anything, won't change idles, rpms won't come up with throttle input, nothing. I've missed one day of work today, and looks like I might be missing tomorrow, and I'll have to figure out a way to pick my kids up from school also. I've got an online ticket in for PPEI to see if maybe it's something simple like a new file they can email me for the TCM. I plugged the Autocal into my new laptop and it shows up with 4 tunes, and the TCM tune on my Autocal. I am not very "versed" in EFI Live I leave that to the Pros. I just wanted to add the TCM to my truck since I'll be pulling the camper more now. I just need to see if there is something I can do, or should I wait on PPEI to email/call me regarding it? Everything worked flawlessly before this, with the exception of the rpm fuel cut that I would like to have raised(another conversation though).This forum and the people in it are very helpful and knowledgable so I wanted to try my luck here while waiting for PPEI. It's the first week of the new year so I'm sure they are busy and that sucks for me.

Any input is appreciated, Thank All.

·
Registered
556 Posts
$053E means that the VIN that is stored in the ECM or PCM does not match the VIN in the security restrictions section of the modified tune file. In some situations the PCM or ECM will lose its memory of the VIN in the middle of a flash and then error out.

This is what I found online. I was getting a code$0536. Fixed it by going into V8 software on the computer. F7 then F2 and make sure only the engine and transmission that applies to your truck is checked. Just a thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$053E means that the VIN that is stored in the ECM or PCM does not match the VIN in the security restrictions section of the modified tune file. In some situations the PCM or ECM will lose its memory of the VIN in the middle of a flash and then error out.

This is what I found online. I was getting a code$0536. Fixed it by going into V8 software on the computer. F7 then F2 and make sure only the engine and transmission that applies to your truck is checked. Just a thought.
Thank You for the info because that is what it was before I even messed with it today,Zach from PPEI got in contact with me and Remote logged into my laptop,fixed the issue, and within minutes truck was 100% ready to roll again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts