Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short, I have a 03 LB7. I was running Kory's DSP5 tunes. A buddy of mine borrowed me a PPE just to see the difference. So I took my V2 put my stock file back in. Went to go and load the PPE said that it couldn't connect to the PCM. So I went and put it back to stock. After I put it back I unplugged it truck starts and drives. I thought screw it, I'll put my tunes back on. I went to flash my ECM with Kory's tunes again and it comes up with:

Script exited with code $0537: Controller is locked with a custom key

So I had this happen to a buddy and he tried messing with I think it was the ALT keys and non high speed and it ended up crashing his ECM. I am really trying to avoid that happening. My only other idea is I have a buddy with a tech II. Has anybody ever tried re-flashing a ECM with a tech II when getting that error message. I am not worried about my DSP5 tunes if I had to pay Kory again to get them fine, I just don't want to have to pay huge $$ for a ECM. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just plugged it back in and it says in the start up menu that there is no tunes loaded that the controller is unlock. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Will it let you get to the back to stock option? Will the ppe load a tune?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just plugged the PPE in and it said in the boot up screen that there was no tunes loaded.

When I tried to load a PPE tune it said that the PCM could not communicate with the PPE tuner. I have not tried to go back and try and load a tune on there. Like I say the truck runs and drives I just cant get my EFILive tunes loaded back on.

·
Administrator
17,047 Posts
Are you doing a full flash with the v2?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes sir full flash. The only thing I can thing of and I am not sure if this would effect anything is I never exited out of the EFILive window when I flashed my stock file it. I just exited found my race tune and tired loading it. Like I say not sure it that makes a difference or not.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Did you add aftermarket radio. You pulled the fuses right.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have an Ipod cord hooked up to the factory radio normally though when I flash it all I had to do in the past was pull the radio and radio amp fuse

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your help & time guys, I pulled a bunch of fuses and it finally flashed.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Good deal I have to take my dash all apart to flash mine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm having a similar error code. I had previously flashed to a DSP5 tune using v7.5 .tun file and it has been working fine. Yesterday I tried to flash it to a new DSP5 tune (full flash, v8 file) and it gave me the error.

What fuses did you pull? I'm confused. So you pulled fuses then flashed? Or pulled the fuses, replaced them, then flashed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts