Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about lifting my truck again...i promised myself never again but i think a nice 4" would look sweet with some wide little tires like a 33x15.50 on a 14" wide wheel

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
You gotta update with pics when you get it done...

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its up in the air right now i know if i do it im going to be on 44's or bigger by the end of the summer...im trying not to start but its happening again

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
33's on a 14" wide rim? :rof mite be a little much I think...

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I would say its a bit too much with 14" wide wheels, your wheel bearings are going to hate you.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah man i love the little wide tires...just dont know about ifs seems to weak for me and a solid axle swap is pointless i should have just swapped a duramax/allison into my k10

i dont want to end up like that again :mad:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well with my k10 i did wheel bearing once a month or some depending if i was jumping her or not not a big deal to me

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
at $150+ a pop they're not cheap on a dmax!! I don't think it'll even work though. Any time you turn at all the tires will smash agains the a-arms, and if not, they'll smash against the fenders or bumper.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah im not used to this ifs setup im always looking to be different, well see what happenes this summer ill make something work

wow 150 jesus mine were dirt cheap for the k10 ha ha

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i want to but i sold my k10 to get away from lift kits and now the itch is coming back

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well see what happens this summer im sure ill be sas'ed and on 44's in no time

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah well if i start i know ill have to be bigger than my k10 on 42's so i mean 44's is the way to go

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah and to think i just got used to fitting in bank drive threws and food drive threws...o welp

·
Registered
99 Posts
you will have to pull apart your transfercase and install a slip ypke eliminator or get a different t-case if you want 4x4 when you do the swap

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah im used to the 4x4 project..like riding a bike...just not sure if i want to go threw it agian

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
You know you want to go through it again :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts