Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have more options or ideas on where they mount their switches on the classic body-style? I never use the small square compartment where the airbag switch used to be on older trucks...has anyone tried something there? Or the smaller compartment under the climate control? I'd like to see some ideas and source a good switch panel for such locations....thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Mine has/had them in the spot where I believe your glasses go on the ceiling. The PO had an edge mounted in there with a few rockers.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Does anyone have more options or ideas on where they mount their switches on the classic body-style? I never use the small square compartment where the airbag switch used to be on older trucks...has anyone tried something there? Or the smaller compartment under the climate control? I'd like to see some ideas and source a good switch panel for such locations....thanks in advance!

you can delete that pocket in favor of the flat air bag switch, that has room on it to drill at least 3 if not more rocker switches in, or put some ABS inside the pocket and mount your switches to that. otherwise you have the over head console that you can use, there is room for a couple switched between the dome lights if you dont want to use the pocket itself, there is always the A pillar if you dont have side curtain airbags and you have the 4X4 pocket if its a 2 wheel drive truck or floor shift.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can only imagine the switch layouts look like but does anyone have other examples (photos) of what can/might be done?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.