Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 lbz duramax and since it was brand new it smokes excessively at an idle, and while driving. I have had it to the dealership many times but they say there is no problem. I added 4" exhaust, K&N FIPK, and an edge with attitude and still have the same problem. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
It definetly should not smoke at idle, i would find another dealer! Smoke at idle would in most cases be caused by a bad injector or could also be a bad rail psi sensor!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly my thoughts! I had thought a bad injector, or possibly computer mapping issues, but nobody at either dealership wants to spend enough time with the truck to figure it out, so I guess I am on my own!
Thank you very much for your help!

·
Registered
134 Posts
is it a blueish/gray haze or like black coal smoke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The smoke is a bluish gray color , but it is turning my bumper and the back of the boxside black. I run my edge module on number 2 or lower all of the time except for the occasional honda that i may need to take care of , but that has only been once or twice since buying this truck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have a 2007 lbz and it also smokes exessively at idle. i have an edge, that i run on 2 or 3, a 4'' turbo back magnaflow with no muffler or cat, and a afe stage 2 intake system. if you find out what causes it let me know.

·
Registered
134 Posts
mine does the same thing but never did until i put the straight through exhaust. ????? It could be that i dont worry bout it seems normal the tractors are also like that. We have a 1456IH with straight and it does the same thing. The new one w/muffler doesnt. Don't know seems like normal diesel to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine has done it even when it was stock. I do have 4" exhaust and i do still have the muffler on it. I also have friends with the exact same truck and mine is the only one that does it. Even my 03 that had straight exhaust and 150,000 miles did not do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts