Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this truck 6 months ago with about 85k mi on it and hasn't missed a beat so far at 105k. Mostly daily driver but will pull a 35ft camper in the summer. Got a P21DD code which has to do with def tank heater. I told my self I wouldn't delete or tune the truck unless something went wrong with the emissions system. Is this a good excuse to do it or is this an easily resolved issue? I have efi live and v2 and not afraid of tuning and delete at all. Also will this code cause it to go into limp mode eventually or not? Hasn't as of yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had the same code awhile back and the def heater assembly was replaced under warranty. At that time, there was a nationwide back order on these heaters. Not sure if it is still going on now? It took about a month for my dealer to receive some. They initially cleared the code when I first took it in, and I too was concerned if it would return and go into limp. The dealer was pretty confident it wouldn't go limp if it returned. I really didn't like that answer as they didn't seem 100% sure. From what I've read on these forums, it seems nobody really is, but I don't recall one going limp just from the P21DD code. My code did return a few times during that month waiting for the part, but I cleared it with my CTS2. Since mine has been replaced, I've had no repeat issue's...

Also, GM did extend the warranty on these for 10 years or 120,000 miles. See pic below I grabbed from another thread...

Attachments

Reactions: drstimpy

·
Registered
25 Posts
if anything, do it because your truck will sound good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I couldn't even get someone to sell me the parts to delete mine when I was looking into it about a month ago.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I couldn't even get someone to sell me the parts to delete mine when I was looking into it about a month ago.
time to buy pre made bends and some straight pipe and weld up your own.hell,I have an exhaust from an early cc that would be a good start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
time to buy pre made bends and some straight pipe and weld up your own.hell,I have an exhaust from an early cc that would be a good start.
Yea ... Pre-made bends? Because that is actually a real thing for DPF/EGR/DEF deletes?? Also, that doesn't do anything without programming ... haha.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yea ... Pre-made bends? Because that is actually a real thing for DPF/EGR/DEF deletes?? Also, that doesn't do anything without programming ... haha.
make a call to canada.

·
Registered
486 Posts
is there aby way to get an old efi tuning set up for the 2016 lml delete capability.any one have a version on a hard drive they want to share w/ me.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
You don’t tell them the actual year of your truck, you won’t get anything that way.
Starting with something like a 2005 Duramax cat back exhaust with 4 bolt flange and a selection of exhaust hangers.
Then if you want something different for the tail section go with a filter back exhaust.

Below is my delete pipe (midpipe only) with flanges and a 17” section to connect to the 3 bolt flange.
I ran my stock tailpipe bugle tip for about 9 years, then went with Diamond Eye filter(less) back 5” SS with 6” vented tip.

My exhaust is in 3 sections with 3 & 4 bolt flanges from downpipe back, of course you’ll need tuning.

Attachments

·
God Bless the USA
1 Posts
My 2015 LML with 90k miles is sending off a poor quality def code and it has 45 miles before it takes the truck to 65 mph. Some quick reading indicates it's likely a faulty #2 NOX sensor. Is this something that might be under an emissions warranty? Or should I try changing the #2 NOX sensor on my own? Or consider the maple delete route?! Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
188 Posts
1800-CANADA?
PMs accepted for corrections. ;-)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts